Host Organization: Simone
As a leading global company in the luxury fashion industry, Simone provides its customers with a full service of manufacturing based on industrialized craftsmanship standards.
• 10% of market share in global handbag market
• Sales KRW 1 trillion / Retail KRW 8 trillion Retail USD 7 billion
• 400 staff in headquarter / 30,000 staff overseas
City: Uiwang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea
Internship Department: Product Development and Sales Division
The Product Development and Sales Part manages a variety of clients in support of our product offerings and keeps product development & manufacturing execution on track through strong product development & manufacturing planning, communication, and collaboration with clients. By providing high quality customer service, serving as a Communicator, and assisting with technical set-up for our products, the Product Development and Sales Part contributes to the successful implementation of deliverables for clients.
Simone Intern Position Specification (Product Development and Sales)
COMPANY BACKGROUND & CULTURE
When the company was founded in 1987, the luxury handbag market was uncharted territory to us. Although there still exist areas for development that need bolstering, currently we are very proud of our growth story for eventually becoming a leading global company whose sales accounts for 10% of the luxury handbags market worldwide as well as 30% of the market in the United States.
Our persistent commitment to customers has led us to humbly construct a manufacturing platform, a reliable brand incubator that has been helping new luxury handbag brands launched in the market for the first time and subsequently grown for respectful brands around the globe.
Not settling for what we have achieved, Simone will continue to improve by defining new value from our 32 years of experience resonating in our heritage so that we redefine and reconstruct our inadequate areas to prepare for the upcoming future.
Out of our many wishes, we will further establish a better company. To us, the definition of a good company varies in meaning: the company from which customers want to purchase products, the company into which investors want to make an investment, and lastly the company for which employees are committed to work. Among other things, we wish to be a good company where employees feel pride in their work. This is a work place where employees’ passion and self-dedication endlessly overcome ongoing challenges and combine greater accomplishment together with monetary satisfaction.
To a good company, what matters is that the market, the community, and its members, all three of these important pillars should be harmonized by balancing each other out. Rather than leaning toward one, we strive to integrate all three value into the pursuit of our vision and mission.
• Communicate and coordinate with clients to ensure accurate, timely product development& manufacturing execution.
• Gather client requirements and set up customized design in Client’s brand.
• Collaborate with team members to assure integration of product elements into the overall product development& manufacturing planning, setup, and timeline. Sometimes requires handling difficult situations where a client request cannot be met.
• Attend sales cycle client conversations as a Communicator to assist in the definition of requirements, explanation of system capabilities, and scoping of work to be performed.
• Manage initiatives as assigned involving suite of products.
Number of Opening(s): 3
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: (Monday to Friday, June
22 –August 14, 2020): Fulltime/Five days a week
Work Attire: Casual
Local Language: Korean
Local Language Level Needed: Beginning or intermediate level is acceptable.
Additional desired intern qualification:
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Proactive thinking
• Strong with figures and statistical analysis
• Cause and effect thinking and problem solving skills
• Maturity and strong interpersonal skills
• Accuracy & detail oriented
- Applicants must be currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and coterms who are undergraduates in all majors, including undeclared. Coterm students must still have undergraduate status. MA students in the Center for East Asian Studies are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be current Stanford students during the internship period. Seniors must postpone graduation paperwork until the internship ends, but may participate in commencement. For summer graduation requirements, including details regarding enrollment requirements and information about participation in the June commencement ceremonies, students should contact their major department's student services office and Registrar's Office for graduation quarter petition.
- Preferably, before beginning their internships, selected candidates should have taken at least one course regarding the internship region. The course can be taken in the spring quarter.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
Each applicant can apply for a maximum of two program-arranged positions. If you apply more than two positions, we will only accept the first two applications based on the time of your submission.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.