Host Organization: Venture Republic Inc.
Organization Profile: Venture Republic is a global online travel company that owns Japan’s largest online travel search engine & media “LINE TRAVEL jp” (ex-Travel.jp, Venture Republic has a strategic partnership with LINE Corporation providing messaging application for mobile) with 20M visitors per month.
Also, we have 2 subsidiaries, “Trip101” running a blogger generated online travel media in Singapore and “All stay” leading a mobile hotel search app in Korea.
We are going to be a unique and valuable TRAVEL MEDIA COMPANY in the world, it means that we aim to answer all questions and requests related to travel.
We prioritize three competencies, "Venture Spirit", "Team Player" and "Expertise". Actually, all of us have a specialty and are continuously refining it. Also, we have strong relationship between each employees and management team.
We have cultural diversity as well, i.e. female employees ratio is around 50% and international employees ratio is around 10%.
City: Tokyo, Japan
- Travel Division :
Travel Division is operating LINE TRAVEL japan and has 7 teams, Sales team, System development team, Web design team, Web direction team, Web marketing team, Media production team (publishing travel destination articles), Direct sales team and Sales planning team.
- Administrative Division :
Administrative Division has 2 teams, Accounting & Financial team and General & HR team. It covers a wide range of roles including PR, IR and legal affairs as well.
For any positions, we can adjust the position and projects depending on intern's skill, knowledge and requests.
Just for your information, the following is a list of tasks completed by the previous interns:
- Video shooting and editing at the international conference (WIT Japan held in July)
- Draft a report of the international conference (WIT Japan)
- Create new business ideas related to our business (Including market analysis · financial projection etc.)
- SNS strategic analysis · planning · implementation
- UI/UX analysis · planning · implementation for LINE TRAVEL japan
- Researching on our competitor's system architecture
- Bench-marking programming languages and conversion tools for the company's migration project
- AWS Auto-scaling research, implementation, and documentation
- Open-street Map prototype to be used for the company's online services.
- Create a corporate website prototype and deploy a new corporate website (https://www.vrg.jp/ was made by an intern in 2018 and maintained by an itnern in 2019.)
- Create a corporate brochure
- Competitor market analysis · Competitive service analysis etc.
- Publishing PR/HR articles
Ex) https://www.vrg.jp/en/2019/07/23/2019-07-23/ (English)
Number of Opening(s): 1 or 2
Work Hours and Internship Start/End Dates: (Monday to Friday, June
22 –August 14, 2020): 8 weeks/ Full Time /Five days a week.
Work Attire: Casual
Local Language: Japanese
Not Required: Basic reading, writing, and speaking (one year level at Stanford) is preferable.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled freshmen, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and coterms who are undergraduates in all majors, including undeclared. Coterm students must still have undergraduate status. MA students in the Center for East Asian Studies are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be current Stanford students during the internship period. Seniors must postpone graduation paperwork until the internship ends, but may participate in commencement. For summer graduation requirements, including details regarding enrollment requirements and information about participation in the June commencement ceremonies, students should contact their major department's student services office and Registrar's Office for graduation quarter petition.
- Preferably, before beginning their internships, selected candidates should have taken at least one course regarding the internship region. The course can be taken in the spring quarter.
For more internship positions provided by the Stanford Global Studies Internship Program, please see our internship listing.
Each applicant can apply for a maximum of two program-arranged positions. If you apply more than two positions, we will only accept the first two applications based on the time of your submission.
For more information, please see Eligibility and Stipend.